Tuesday 31 January 2012

About the beginning, written at the end of an extraordinary exploration.

 Our one day in Singapore, while walking around the deserted streets of a ruralish area of Singapore, these birds, which I later discovered were absolutely everywhere in Malaysia, were for sale. Beautiful birds.

 All over these parts one can find canteens like this one- sweaty, flushed men cooking MSG rich foods-Delicious!
                                          I sneaked a photo of this guy because I thought he was dressed unintentionally very flamboyantly... Turns out he was doing it on purpose as evidence by my next photo which he made me take after he caught me sneaking the first photo of him:
 Notice the purposefully rolled up shirt as to expose the bellybutton, as well as the stance. I'm not sure what made him want me to take a  photo of his flabby belly, but no matter in retrospect it was a comical situation.
 these people were throwing pieces of paper into a pile of burning rubble.. not sure why they were doing this, but it was fascinating.


 This toothless man probably couldn't even chew the chillies he was peeling. But he was very happy doing it.

 Cookin' up a storm at a hawker.. nice lady :)
 Hawker markets definitely have some of the best food around for people on a budget. With a drink, this came to 3 CAD!

Viewers, this is a just the beginning of a trend that I like to call "people eating watching". Its a variation on "people watching" with the addition of "eating", and the next few posts will include quite a few of these interesting eaters... Enjoy the progression:
 Sorry i didn't get a pic of him finally swallowing this noodle, it took him quite a bit of time to get the whole string in his mouth...

 Like.

 LOVE 
DIRL
LOVE
GOLL
                                                                                     i totally agree... also, THAT KURN IS TIGHT!!!


 The hostel called "Back Home" was accurately named as this place was 10 times as nice as my apartment in Hong Kong. Polished concrete, brick walls, a covered yet bright courtyard, hardwood floors, it was truly a work of art in my opinion-I was happy the owner had not turned this place into a boutique hotel and kept it as a hostel- I'm sure he/she could make more money if they did that, this place was truly "Back Home".




The market near where we staying in Little India (in Kuala Lumpur). It was bustling and filled with fake designer sunglasses, watches, shoes and shirts.. it also had roasted chestnuts!

 AND a ROASTER of chestnuts who was willing to put his hand into the roaster just for a good pic! :D


No words can describe what I think of this shot, or how this makes me feel.

1 comment: