Sunday 15 January 2012

Day 2-4

The view from my apartment/rez room
  
 I like the security Guard alot, i pass him everyday, and he seems nice.. this chubs on the scooter was funny looking so i figured i'd take a photo of the two of them..
 I hope i can turn out like this champ after being schooled at HKU :)
 The older people in Hong Kong are some of the most lovely people, and to tell the truth, i just love taking photos of them- they've got so much personality just in their image!
 :)
 Literally all around the city one can find shops like this, some dirtier, some cleaner, some with more heads hanging, and some with more random unknown meats-if i start cooking I will make a point of just picking something that looks weird from one of these places to cook.
 I got Riley to pose so that I could take a photo of this elderly Asian man. I like him, he seems nice.
 Inside the MTR (the HK metro) this isn't even at a busy time.. it can get CRAZY in there.
GONG CHA!!.. what does that mean?.. anyone? cha=tea..? maybe like chai=tea..?
 Ofcourse, I HAD to document my first bubble tea of this trip, and here it was: in Wan Chai. I got a passion fruit green tea with perr. pretty good!- although i'm not sure if it could stand up to the likes of Dragon Barr...
 Also from the bubble tea place, the lady in front of me ordered it, and when i asked what it was, she ordered me a cup and then left. I was stuck with these, and the bill to pay (for the ones she'd ordered for me) and i'm glad i was, because these things were delicious!
 Not even one of the cooler markets, but i thought it was a nice shot.
 The people like this guy are what make HK so amazing. Thank you Mister for looking at me as i shot this.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant work. Turning it into a photo blog makes it much easier to get through, unlike some boring blogs that just have tons of text... like some boring sports blogs we know...

    Keep telling us your stories through photos. If you become best buds with the old guy or security guard, let's see a future pic with you hugging them.

    Let the photos tell the story, that's what some photog somewhere always says.

    Also, you looked like that champ only a few years ago. Probably your best years, in terms of looking intelligent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the 'Gong' part is the same character as the second part of 'Sai Kung' (in the New Territories)... So Gong = Kung? Sai kung = Saigon in Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete